This time reflections, reflections on some of things I love about sewing.
1. It’s all about the fabric. I just love beautiful fabric. That hardly makes me Robinson Crusoe among sewers and crafters. I could happily spend hours in a fabric shop dreaming of possibilities. I could also spend ages perusing fabric online, though not as many hours as in real life shops.
2. It’s all about the fabric. You get to wear cotton, linen, lace, velvet, silk chiffon, silk satin, crepe de chine, slinky knits, fine lawns, pretty voiles…….delicious. Impossible to go back to shop bought now.
3. It’s all about the sewing, the process of cutting, pinning, pressing, machine sewing, hand sewing, love it all. Once complete the article is of less interest, hence too many clothes. I have been getting into a bit of re-fashioning though, mainly to make things fit better.
4. Blogging about sewing is fun. I like the writing, arranging the photos and interacting with fellow sewers. It’s a wonderful way to natter about sewing when your nearest and dearest might have little interest.
5. Learning and skills. There’s a great sense of achievment and satisfaction when the zip lines up, the stripes match, the lining is perfect and the hemming is invisible.
Do you have any sewing or crafting related reflections for 2014?
Till next year, happy sewing.